UPDATED: Five Patients Transported Following Carbon Monoxide Leak, All Have Since Been Released

WAKEFIELD – Updated information was provided over the weekend pertaining to last Friday’s incident at Countyline Lanes and Dining in Wakefield.

According to a release from Wakefield Fire Chief Adam Ulrich, Wakefield Fire and Rescue was dispatched to 311 Main Street at 8:27 p.m. for a suspected gas leak with people down.

Wakefield Fire and Rescue showed up three minutes later and during the incident, five patients were transported via ambulance to local hospitals in Wayne and Pender. Eleven patients were checked and released on scene.

No fatalities were reported.

After further investigation, carbon monoxide was at fault. All patients who were transported to a hospital have been treated and released.

Assistance was provided by Allen Fire and Rescue, Emerson Fire and Rescue, Wayne Fire and Providence Medical Center. Law enforcement, Black Hills Energy and City Utilities were also dispatched and on scene.

Share:
Comments