Reported Gas Leak At Wakefield Bowling Alley Leads To Hospitalizations

WAKEFIELD – A carbon monoxide leak at a bowling alley on Main Street in Wakefield led to four hospitalizations Friday night.

Multiple rescue units from neighboring towns in northeast Nebraska were called to the scene at Countyline Lanes and Dining. Three of the injured were taken to receive medical care in Wayne, while a fourth was transported to Pender.
Local residents were aware of the report, but no specific details late Friday night.
An employee at Sidelines, a bar down the street from the bowling alley, said word had trickled into the bar but that most people were choosing to stay home for the evening.

There is still no official word on the patients’ conditions or the cause of the incident as of Saturday morning.

Share:
Comments