WAYNE – As Providence Medical Center provided 300 phase 1A vaccinations in early January, PMC will now be giving COVID-19 vaccinations to the 1B group.
According to a release from PMC, these doses will be issued at the Providence Community Pharmacy.
Phase 1B priority groups include: those 65 and older, those 18 and older who are at high-risk for severe COVID-19, and those working in critical industries such as first responders, educators and daycare providers, those in the utilities and transportation sectors, corrections staff, and those working in food processing and at grocery stores.
Last week, the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) provided an update on the retail pharmacies participating in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Federal Retail Pharmacy Program to support COVID-19 vaccinations in the state on its weekly Facebook Live .
A total of 33 pharmacies accessible to the public across Nebraska are receiving 100 to 200 Moderna first doses as part of the state’s initial retail pharmacy allocation, totaling 5,700 doses. It’s expected additional pharmacies will be added as the program expands. Doses were available as early as Friday and into this past weekend for those with appointments.
Nebraskans are cautioned that retail pharmacy doses will be very limited for some time. Participating pharmacies are able to vaccinate
- Albion – Wells Drug
- Alliance – Alliance Community Pharmacy
- Ashland – Ashland Pharmacy, Inc.
- Beatrice – Clabaugh Pharmacy
- Blair – Walmart
- Chadron – Walmart
- Columbus – Walmart
- Crete – Walmart
- Emerson – Pender Care Centre District I
- Fairbury – Walmart
- Fremont – Walmart
- Geneva – Weaver Pharmacy
- Hastings – Walmart
- Hastings – Bert’s Prescription Pharmacy
- Kearney – Walmart
- Kearney – Jammal Pharms, Inc.
- Lexington – Walmart
- Loup City – Loup City Rx Shoppe
- McCook – Walmart
- Nebraska City- Walmart
- Norfolk – Walmart
- North Bend – Medicine Man Pharmacy
- North Platte – Walmart
- Ogallala – Walmart
- Omaha – Medicine Man Pharmacy
- Omaha – Think Aksarben Pharmacy LLC
- Omaha – ViaRx
- O’Neill – O’Neill Family Pharmacy
- Scottsbluff – Walmart
- South Sioux City – Walmart
- Wayne – Providence Medical Center
- Wisner – The Pender Care Centre District, Inc.
- York – Walmart
Visit dhhs.ne.gov for more information as we’ll have a video update from the local COVID-19 vaccinations for phase 1B individuals this afternoon.