Before the storm: SET UP YOUR ACCOUNT
- Go to www.realcountry973.com
- Click on the “Signup” tab on the WeatherThreat widget (small box with tabs at the top) located at the right side of the page.
- Click the “Signup” box. This should open another tab in your internet browser to take you to the WeatherThreat.com signup page.
- Answer the questions on the page.
- Answer questions on the next page. Questions with an asterisk MUST be completed.
- Read the User Agreement and checkmark the box.
- An email is sent to us to approve your account.
- You will receive an email confirmation back with a login and password.
Once you know you’ll be closed or delayed: POST AN ANNOUNCEMENT
Go to www.realcountry973.com
- Click on the “Login” tab on the WeatherThreat widget (small box with tabs at the top) located at the right side of the page.
- Enter your username and password. Click “login”. This should open another tab in your internet browser to take you to the WeatherThreat.com page.
- Click the box “Closings/Alerts”.
- Select “New Closing/Alert”.
- Fill in the questions.
- #2 is the day that the closing or delay will occur.
- #3 is when we should stop making your announcement. (The date and time in red parenthesis shows the default.)
- Basic details are for a simple explanation: “Late start: 10AM.” “Closed Wednesday.”
- Extended details are where you can put more information, like another location that will be open or a phone number for customers to call for assistance over the phone.
- Click “Save Record”. This will post to our station’s website and our announcers will read them on the air.
- If you need to make any changes, go back into your WeatherThreat account, click “Closings/Alerts” then select “Edit Alert”.
If you need to make a change: EDIT YOUR ACCOUNT
- After logging into your WeatherThreat account, click “Contact & Password”.
- Change any information about your organization.
- You can change your password in this section if the default password emailed to you upon sign up is undesirable or you have a personnel change.
- When you are finished, click “Save Contact Info”.